From the colour of Abraham Lincoln’s skin to the truth about artichoke hearts.
An epiphany is, by definition, a moment of revelation – but ironically it is often when you realise something that was obvious and simple to everyone else that makes it a truly memorable moment.
Writer Shannon Proudfoot posed a question regarding just such moments to her followers on Twitter, asking: “What’s the most mundane but thunderous epiphany you ever had?”
Here are eight of the best responses.
1. The faces on coins aren’t true to life
2. JK Rowling likes a pun
3. There are no money launderettes
4. Nothing is killed for an artichoke heart
5. The first meal of the day is exactly that
6. Babies aren’t amphibious
7. A A Milne likes onomatopoeia
8. The Jacksons are a successful family
Admit it, one of these caught you off guard.
The birds gather to escape predato ...
Vincent Buyssens told Reddit the i ...