Skip to Content Facebook Feature Image

China's homegrown C919 jetliner starts flying on new regular route

China

China

China

China's homegrown C919 jetliner starts flying on new regular route

2024-06-14 16:47 Last Updated At:18:07

China's self-developed jetliner model of C919 has started to fly on its fourth regular commercial route between Shanghai in east China and Guangzhou City in south China's Guangdong Province on Thursday.

At 09:37, the aircraft took off from Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport with 162 passengers aboard, marking the official opening of the fourth flight route.

According to the current flight schedule, the China Eastern C919 aircraft will operate two round trips daily on the Shanghai Hongqiao-Guangzhou Baiyun route.

This is the fourth regular commercial flight route carried out by the C919 after the Beijing-Shanghai, Shanghai-Chengdu, and Shanghai-Shaanxi routes.

The aircraft, registered as B-919A, was delivered to China Eastern Airlines on Dec. 9, 2022. It successfully completed its first commercial flight from Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport to Beijing Capital International Airport on May 28, 2023, marking its official entry into the civil aviation market.

"This flight is conducted by the C919. I have seen it on the television before, but have never experienced it. So I chose this flight today," said a passenger surnamed Chen.

At present, China Eastern Airlines is the only commercial operator of the C919 aircraft, and owns six such models.

As of June 13 this year, the C919 had carried out 2,360 commercial flights, with a total commercial flight time of more than 6,560 hours and has served more than 300,000 passengers.

China's homegrown C919 jetliner starts flying on new regular route

China's homegrown C919 jetliner starts flying on new regular route

Next Article

Cuba discloses details of crackdown on anti-gov't terrorist attacks backed by US

2024-07-22 13:50 Last Updated At:14:07

The Ministry of the Interior in Cuba has recently disclosed more details of a major crackdown on terrorist attacks orchestrated by an organization in the U.S. against the Cuban government.

The Ministry first announced the crackdown on Dec 9, 2023.

The prime suspect, Ardenys Garcia Alvarez, a Cuban national residing in the United States, was apprehended on Nov. 23, 2023. Alvarez fled Cuba illegally in 2014 and subsequently received military training in the United States. He managed to smuggle weapons back into Cuba and planned to carry out attacks in the country.

"In November, 2023, the Cuban Ministry of the Interior initiated the arrest of Ardenys Garcia Alvarez, a Cuban citizen residing in the United States. He collaborated extensively with Cuban-American terrorists based in Miami and infiltrated Cuban territory aboard a SKI-type motorboat, armed with firearms. His objective was to disrupt domestic order, recruit soldiers, and target military units, all with the aim of inciting an armed uprising in Cuba to dismantle the Cuban revolution," said Victor Alvarez, the second-in-command of the Specialized Body within the General Directorate of Criminal Investigation of the Ministry of the Interior.

During the arrest, Cuban police seized five firearms and a significant amount of ammunition. The police started a thorough investigation as the terrorists had carried out a series of preparations for their attacks.

After seven months of efforts, the Cuban government announced on July 8 that 36 related individuals had been arrested.

According to the Ministry of the Interior: these plans are all linked to anti-Cuban organizations based in the United States.

"This also serves as concrete evidence that Cuban-origin terrorists have been the masterminds behind these crimes, organizing, funding, and supporting them. These criminals and their activities are on a list we disclosed," said Alvarez.

The list, released in December 2023, includes 61 individuals and 19 criminal organizations based in the US. All of these organizations have been involved in activities that pose a threat to Cuba's national security, including acts of violence, disruptions of social order, sabotage of the power system, and even attempted assassinations of the Cuban President.

Alvarez further emphasized that since 1959, terrorist attack attempts against the country have never ceased, with the ultimate aim of undermining and overthrowing the achievements of Cuba's revolution.

Cuba discloses details of crackdown on anti-gov't terrorist attacks backed by US

Cuba discloses details of crackdown on anti-gov't terrorist attacks backed by US

Recommended Articles