Israeli forces and settlers carried out a total of 1,659 violations in the West Bank during May, said a monthly report from the Palestine Liberation Organization's Wall and Settlement Resistance Commission.
The Commission's head, Mu'ayyad Sha'ban, said the Israeli forces carried out 1,108 attacks, while the settlers carried out 551.
According to Sha'ban, the form of the attacks varied, including direct physical violence, uprooting of trees, burning of fields, denial of farmers' access to their land, seizure of property, and demolition of homes and agricultural structures.
Sha'ban said that the pattern of attacks clearly reveals the adoption of systematic policies aimed at imposing a coercive, expulsive environment. He said these policies translate into forced displacement operations.
Sha'ban said the displacement of families and destruction of property, land, and trees constitutes a compound crime targeting both people and place, adding that these actions are part of a project of gradual de facto annexation managed through organized escalation of violence.
Sha'ban said that the Israeli settlers attempted to establish 12 new settlement outposts since the beginning of May.
In addition, the Israeli forces carried out 70 demolition operations in May targeting 155 facilities and distributed 51 demolition notifications for Palestinian facilities, Sha'ban said.
Israeli forces, settlers carry out over 1,600 attacks in West Bank during May: report
Residents from Colombian capital city of Bogota expressed their gratitude to China's humanitarian aid supplies for the country's quake-affected communities after a shipment of 80-tonne relief supplies arrived on Tuesday.
A magnitude 7.5 earthquake struck western Colombia on Aug 10. The death toll from the quake had risen to 304, with 4,548 people injured and 426 others missing, the country's disaster management agency said Tuesday.
The items, including generators, mobile water purification vehicles, medical disinfection gears, solar-powered lights, tents, and blankets, are urgently needed in the country which is facing the enormous challenge of relief and reconstruction.
"This is excellent. The earthquake was devastating and we are thankful to China and everyone who is helping and putting their grain of sand," said Raimundo Montemiranda, a security guard.
"Thankful to this help, and any help is going to be helpful from people and countries. This is solidarity and the unity of the world," said Eduardo Prieto, an insurance salesman.
Colombian President Abelardo de la Espriella said Monday night that about one-third of Colombia had been affected by the quake, which was centered in San Jose del Palmar in the department of Choco.
He said preliminary estimates put direct economic losses from the earthquake at nearly 30 trillion Colombian pesos (about 9.6 billion U.S. dollars), including 24.5 trillion pesos in building damage and 5.5 trillion pesos in infrastructure damage.
Domestic and international humanitarian aid are both keeping pouring into the hardest-hit areas while search and rescue teams are still working in places where people may remain trapped under the rubble.
Bogota residents express gratitude to China's quake relief supplies for Colombia