Skip to Content Facebook Feature Image

Displaced Gazans struggle for food, water amid severe aid shortages

China

China

China

Displaced Gazans struggle for food, water amid severe aid shortages

2026-08-20 17:30 Last Updated At:22:17

Hundreds of thousands of displaced Palestinians in Gaza are struggling to survive as aid supplies remain critically low after nearly three years into the war.

Speaking to CGTN at a shelter school in western Gaza City, displaced residents described desperate living conditions, with many lacking food, clean water, and basic necessities.

"The situation is bad now, and it was much worse before. We struggle to find food and water. As I speak to you, my home is almost empty. There is no food for the children and no drinking water," said Nahed Nassar, a displaced Palestinian.

"I became ill from lighting fires for cooking, using foam and paper to heat water or milk, just to ease my children's hunger. My son is only 10 months old, and I've had to give him boiled water. We can't afford bread, biscuits or other food because we simply don't have the money," said Ghadeer, another displaced Palestinian.

The suffering has intensified in recent months, with many saying they have not received hot meals in five to six months. Shortages extend beyond food to include water, medicine, and sanitation services.

Local reports indicate that since October of last year, when a ceasefire was reached, only 35 percent of the promised aid has entered the territory. The lack of essential supplies has also affected health services, with many families unable to obtain the medicines they urgently need for themselves and their children.

Displaced Gazans struggle for food, water amid severe aid shortages

Displaced Gazans struggle for food, water amid severe aid shortages

Displaced Gazans struggle for food, water amid severe aid shortages

Displaced Gazans struggle for food, water amid severe aid shortages

A rocket-borne camera captured the thrilling footage of China's first land-based rocket recovery on Wednesday, as the landing legs touched down smoothly on a predesignated desert landing site in northwest China's Gansu Province.

The Zhuque-3 Y2 rocket blasted off at 07:35 (Beijing Time) from the Dongfeng commercial space innovation pilot zone in northwest China.

The rocket's first and second stages separated approximately 137 seconds after the liftoff.

The first stage then entered its preset return phase, and completed a series of key maneuvers, including high-altitude flight attitude adjustment, re-entry propulsive deceleration, controlled aerodynamic glide, deceleration burn and landing leg deployment.

The land-based recovery was completed as planned, with the rocket's first stage touching down smoothly at the recovery site in Minqin County of Gansu Province.

The second stage kept flying and sent the onboard Honghu-03 satellite into the preset orbit.

The mission followed the successful sea-based net recovery of the Long March-10B's first stage on July 10.

It marked China's first successful land-based controlled recovery of a rocket's first stage using deployable landing legs, highlighting a major breakthrough in the country's reusable rocket technology.

Rocket-borne camera records moments of China's first rocket recovery on land

Rocket-borne camera records moments of China's first rocket recovery on land

Recommended Articles