Skip to Content Facebook Feature Image

Hong Kong and Shenzhen Collaborate on Sports Dispute Resolution Development

HK

Hong Kong and Shenzhen Collaborate on Sports Dispute Resolution Development
HK

HK

Hong Kong and Shenzhen Collaborate on Sports Dispute Resolution Development

2025-07-18 17:00 Last Updated At:07-20 22:42

DSJ meets with SCIA President to discuss developments and collaboration in sports dispute resolution between Hong Kong and Shenzhen

The Deputy Secretary for Justice, Dr Cheung Kwok-kwan, met with the President of the Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration, Dr Liu Xiaochun, in Shenzhen today (July 18) to discuss developments and collaboration in the field of sports dispute resolution between Hong Kong and Shenzhen.

More Images
DSJ meets with SCIA President to discuss development and collaboration in sports dispute resolution between Hong Kong and Shenzhen Source: HKSAR Government Press Releases

DSJ meets with SCIA President to discuss development and collaboration in sports dispute resolution between Hong Kong and Shenzhen Source: HKSAR Government Press Releases

DSJ meets with SCIA President to discuss developments and collaboration in sports dispute resolution between Hong Kong and Shenzhen Source: HKSAR Government Press Releases

DSJ meets with SCIA President to discuss developments and collaboration in sports dispute resolution between Hong Kong and Shenzhen Source: HKSAR Government Press Releases

DSJ meets with SCIA President to discuss developments and collaboration in sports dispute resolution between Hong Kong and Shenzhen Source: HKSAR Government Press Releases

DSJ meets with SCIA President to discuss developments and collaboration in sports dispute resolution between Hong Kong and Shenzhen Source: HKSAR Government Press Releases

DSJ meets with SCIA President to discuss development and collaboration in sports dispute resolution between Hong Kong and Shenzhen Source: HKSAR Government Press Releases

DSJ meets with SCIA President to discuss development and collaboration in sports dispute resolution between Hong Kong and Shenzhen Source: HKSAR Government Press Releases

After the meeting, Dr Cheung said that the Department of Justice (DoJ) is committed to promoting the diversified development of sports dispute resolution services in Hong Kong and is actively promoting co-operation in sports dispute resolution services between Hong Kong and the Mainland, as well as other regions overseas, with a view to building Hong Kong into a sports dispute resolution services centre in the Asia-Pacific region.

Dr Cheung said that Hong Kong has always been recognised and trusted by the international community for its arbitration and mediation services, and maintains a rich pool of talent in sports dispute resolution services. Shenzhen has long been a close partner of Hong Kong in arbitration, and has been actively participating in the national development of sports arbitration in recent years. He expressed hope that Hong Kong and Shenzhen can strengthen co-operation in sports dispute resolution, giving full play to theGuangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area's advantages of "one country, two systems and three jurisdictions" and promoting the development of sports dispute resolution services in the two places with innovative thinking.

Dr Cheung also mentioned that the DoJ is taking forward the pilot scheme on sports dispute resolution as announced in "The Chief Executive's 2024 Policy Address" at full steam on the local level. The invitation for the industry to submit proposals for operation of the pilot scheme began at the end of last month, with the aim of identifying a suitable administering body and a technology service provider to provide a fast, reliable and neutral resolution mechanism for sports disputes. The period for submission of proposals will end on July 31 and the pilot scheme is expected to be launched in the second half of the year.

DSJ meets with SCIA President to discuss development and collaboration in sports dispute resolution between Hong Kong and Shenzhen Source: HKSAR Government Press Releases

DSJ meets with SCIA President to discuss development and collaboration in sports dispute resolution between Hong Kong and Shenzhen Source: HKSAR Government Press Releases

DSJ meets with SCIA President to discuss developments and collaboration in sports dispute resolution between Hong Kong and Shenzhen Source: HKSAR Government Press Releases

DSJ meets with SCIA President to discuss developments and collaboration in sports dispute resolution between Hong Kong and Shenzhen Source: HKSAR Government Press Releases

DSJ meets with SCIA President to discuss developments and collaboration in sports dispute resolution between Hong Kong and Shenzhen Source: HKSAR Government Press Releases

DSJ meets with SCIA President to discuss developments and collaboration in sports dispute resolution between Hong Kong and Shenzhen Source: HKSAR Government Press Releases

DSJ meets with SCIA President to discuss development and collaboration in sports dispute resolution between Hong Kong and Shenzhen Source: HKSAR Government Press Releases

DSJ meets with SCIA President to discuss development and collaboration in sports dispute resolution between Hong Kong and Shenzhen Source: HKSAR Government Press Releases

Hong Kong Customs detects two dangerous drugs cases and seizes suspected drugs worth about $7.95 million

Hong Kong Customs detected two dangerous drugs cases in Tseung Kwan O and Hong Kong International Airport respectively yesterday (May 21) and today (May 22), and seized a total of about 21.8 kilograms of assorted drugs with a total estimated market value of about $7.95 million. Two men and one woman, aged between 38 and 49, were arrested.

In the first case, Customs officers intercepted a 48-year-old man and a 49-year-old woman in Tseung Kwan O during an anti-narcotics operation yesterday afternoon. About 3.8kg of suspected drugs, including ketamine, methamphetamine, etomidate capsules, psilocybin mushrooms, MDMA and a batch of suspected drug packaging paraphernalia were found in their residence in the same district. They were then arrested.

In the second case, a 38-year-old male passenger arrived in Hong Kong from Amsterdam, the Netherlands, today. During customs clearance, Customs officers found about 18kg of suspected ketamine inside his check-in suitcase and 33 sticks of duty-not-paid cigarette inside his carry-on baggage. The man was subsequently arrested.

The arrested man and woman in the first case have been jointly charged with one count of trafficking in a dangerous drug and one count of possession of apparatus fit and intended for the inhalation of a dangerous drug. The case will be brought up at the Kwun Tong Magistrates' Courts tomorrow (May 23), while an investigation is ongoing for the second case.

Customs will continue to step up enforcement against drug trafficking activities through intelligence analysis. The department also reminds members of the public to stay alert and not participate in drug trafficking activities for monetary return. They must not accept hiring or delegation from another party to carry controlled items into and out of Hong Kong. They are also reminded not to carry unknown items for other people.

Customs will continue to apply a risk assessment approach and focus on selecting passengers from high-risk regions for clearance to combat transnational drug trafficking activities.

Under the Dangerous Drugs Ordinance, trafficking in a dangerous drug is a serious offence. The maximum penalty upon conviction is a fine of $5 million and life imprisonment.

Under the Dutiable Commodities Ordinance, cigarettes are dutiable goods to which the DCO applies. Any person who imports, deals with, possesses, sells or buys illicit cigarettes commits an offence. The maximum penalty upon conviction is a fine of $2 million and imprisonment for seven years.

Members of the public may report any suspected drug trafficking activities to Customs' 24-hour hotline 182 8080 or its dedicated crime-reporting email account (crimereport@customs.gov.hk) or online form (eform.cefs.gov.hk/form/ced002).

Hong Kong Customs detects two dangerous drugs cases and seizes suspected drugs worth about $7.95 million  Source: HKSAR Government Press Releases

Hong Kong Customs detects two dangerous drugs cases and seizes suspected drugs worth about $7.95 million Source: HKSAR Government Press Releases

Hong Kong Customs detects two dangerous drugs cases and seizes suspected drugs worth about $7.95 million  Source: HKSAR Government Press Releases

Hong Kong Customs detects two dangerous drugs cases and seizes suspected drugs worth about $7.95 million Source: HKSAR Government Press Releases

Recommended Articles