Skip to Content Facebook Feature Image

Trump cancels meetings with Iranian officials, Iranian military vows stronger response against aggression

HotTV

HotTV

HotTV

Trump cancels meetings with Iranian officials, Iranian military vows stronger response against aggression

2026-01-14 09:32 Last Updated At:16:31

The United States and Iran are at a possible precipice of renewed conflict as U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that he had canceled "all meetings" with Iranian officials, while the Iranian military vowed stronger response against any new act of aggression.

In a morning post on Truth Social on Tuesday, Trump urged Iranians to keep protesting, and said "help is on its way." But he did not offer any details.

Meanwhile, White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt said on Monday that diplomacy remains the preferred approach for the United States to deal with Iran, though the Trump administration will not rule out military options if necessary.

Furthermore, the U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) announced on Tuesday that the U.S. military and its regional partners had opened a new air defense operations cell at the Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar to enhance integrated air and missile defense.

The Al Udeid Air Base was previously targeted by Iranian missiles in a retaliatory attack last June following U.S. strikes on Tehran's nuclear facilities. The base is the largest military installation of the United States in the Middle East.

CENTCOM said the new cell is made up of personnel from the U.S. and its regional partners, and will be responsible for planning multinational exercises, conducting drills, responding to contingencies, and sharing information and threat warnings.

In its response, the Iranian military said on Tuesday that its troops had significantly improved their abilities in tackling security threats after experiencing Israel's 12-day war against the country last June, vowing stronger counterattacks against any aggression.

Iran's Defense Minister Aziz Nasirzadeh warned on Tuesday that the Islamic Republic will respond more decisively to any new act of aggression.

Regarding the latest threats made by the U.S. president and several White House officials, Nasirzadeh said that if the threats are turned into actions, Iran will defend itself with full force, and that the countries providing assistance to the United States will become legitimate targets.

Trump cancels meetings with Iranian officials, Iranian military vows stronger response against aggression

Trump cancels meetings with Iranian officials, Iranian military vows stronger response against aggression

The plane carrying Russian President Vladimir Putin landed in Beijing late on Tuesday night as he begins a two-day state visit to China at the invitation of Chinese President Xi Jinping.

Upon his arrival, Putin was greeted at the airport by Wang Yi, a member of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China Central Committee and China's Minister of Foreign Affairs.

This marks President Putin's 25th visit to China, with Xi and Putin set to exchange views on bilateral relations, cooperation in various fields, as well as international and regional issues of mutual interest, a spokesman for the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs said on Monday.

Putin's plane touches down in Beijing to begin state visit

Putin's plane touches down in Beijing to begin state visit

Recommended Articles