Skip to Content Facebook Feature Image

BP China Insight: Chinese company takes action: BYD sues over Trump's added tariffs

China

BP China Insight: Chinese company takes action: BYD sues over Trump's added tariffs
China

China

BP China Insight: Chinese company takes action: BYD sues over Trump's added tariffs

2026-02-12 15:33 Last Updated At:15:33

The hantavirus outbreak linked to the cruise ship, MV Hondius, has now reached 12 confirmed cases, with three reported deaths, World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Friday.

Speaking at a press briefing in Geneva, Tedros said the Netherlands had confirmed an additional case involving a crew member who disembarked in Tenerife, Spain, was repatriated to the Netherlands and has been isolating since then.

No deaths have been reported since May 2, when the outbreak was first reported to WHO, said Tedros.

He urged the affected countries to continue carefully monitoring all passengers and crew members for the remainder of the quarantine period.

More than 600 contacts continue to be followed in 30 countries, and a small number of high-risk contacts are still being located, according to the WHO chief.

He also thanked the countries cooperating in the international response and epidemiological investigation.

The cruise, operated by Oceanwide Expeditions, departed from Argentina on April 1, carrying around 150 passengers and crew members from more than 20 countries.

The ship arrived at the Dutch port city of Rotterdam on Monday for disinfection, ending a voyage that had drawn the attention of international health authorities over hantavirus infections on board.

Hantavirus cases linked to cruise ship rise to 12 after crew member tests positive: WHO

Hantavirus cases linked to cruise ship rise to 12 after crew member tests positive: WHO

Recommended Articles