Skip to Content Facebook Feature Image

Lebanon says death toll from Israeli attacks rises to 4,346 since March

China

Lebanon says death toll from Israeli attacks rises to 4,346 since March
China

China

Lebanon says death toll from Israeli attacks rises to 4,346 since March

2026-08-17 07:08 Last Updated At:11:47

The Lebanese death toll from Israeli strikes has risen to 4,346 since March 2 through Aug 16, Lebanon's Public Health Emergency Operations Center said on Sunday.

Additionally, a total of 12,301 people have been wounded, according to the center.

On the same day, the Israeli military said its airstrike killed a senior commander in Hezbollah's Badr regional division in southern Lebanon, while Lebanese media reported that at least four people were killed in the attack. The Israeli military said in a statement that Abu Hassan Alaa was killed late on Saturday in the strike on Deir al-Zahrani. It described the attack as "a response" to an earlier Hezbollah drone strike targeting Israeli troops in southern Lebanon that wounded three soldiers.

Lebanon's state-run National News Agency said Israeli warplanes struck a two-story building, killing at least four people and wounding five.

Also on Saturday, seven people were killed in heavy Israeli airstrikes on the southern village of Ansar, one of the deadliest Israeli attacks since a ceasefire was reached in 2024.

Lebanon says death toll from Israeli attacks rises to 4,346 since March

Lebanon says death toll from Israeli attacks rises to 4,346 since March

Lebanon says death toll from Israeli attacks rises to 4,346 since March

Lebanon says death toll from Israeli attacks rises to 4,346 since March

The Palestinian Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) on Sunday called on mediators and guarantors to press Israel to approve the roadmap for the second phase of the Gaza ceasefire agreement.

The call was made as U.S. President Donald Trump's son-in-law and special envoy Jared Kushner, and a Hamas delegation, led by Khalil al-Hayya, head of the movement's political bureau, arrived in Cairo to advance the U.S.-proposed Gaza peace plan.

In a statement, the Hamas delegation urged the mediators and the U.S.-led "Board of Peace" to press Israel to implement all its commitments under the first phase of the agreement, halt killings and ground incursions, and approve the roadmap for the second phase of the agreement.

Hamas also said it had accepted the roadmap, citing its aim to secure a permanent ceasefire, full Israeli withdrawal from Gaza, sustained humanitarian aid, and the start of work by the National Committee for the Administration of Gaza.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said earlier this month that Israel rejected the U.S.-backed roadmap and would not withdraw its forces from Gaza until Hamas was fully disarmed.

The "Board of Peace" published a 15-point roadmap on July 31 for implementing the next phase of the Gaza agreement. It includes an end to military operations, the transfer of civilian administration to the National Committee for the Administration of Gaza, the decommissioning of heavy weapons, weapons stockpiles, military production facilities and tunnels, alongside arrangements for an Israeli withdrawal.

Hamas urges pressure on Israel to approve roadmap for 2nd phase of Gaza ceasefire agreement

Hamas urges pressure on Israel to approve roadmap for 2nd phase of Gaza ceasefire agreement

Recommended Articles