Skip to Content Facebook Feature Image

Over 200 Chinese A-share listed firms announce buyback, share increase plans

China

China

China

Over 200 Chinese A-share listed firms announce buyback, share increase plans

2025-04-09 15:31 Last Updated At:04-10 00:47

More than 200 listed companies in China's A-share market have announced buyback or share increase plans from Monday to Tuesday, according to statistics from the Wind Information, a leading company in financial software services in China.

As of 19:00 on Tuesday, over 235 A-share-listed companies had issued announcements regarding their share repurchase and increased holding plans, including major firms such as PetroChina, Sinopec, China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC), Everbright Group and CATL.

Based on the maximum amount indicated in related announcements, approximately 10 billion yuan (about 1.36 billion U.S. dollars) will be used for increasing shareholdings and around 30 billion yuan (about 4.1 billion U.S. dollars) for share repurchases.

Industry insiders noted that such plans indicate that the listed companies or their controlling shareholders have firm confidence in their future prospects, while also serving to stabilize share prices, optimize capital structures, or sending positive signals.

"Building confidence in the market with concrete investments injects a strong dose of reassurance into the capital market," said Liu Bing, an executive committee member of China Galaxy Securities.

"Under the current market environment, the issuance of buyback announcements by multiple companies at the same time has enhanced investor confidence, while also reflecting the responsibility of listed companies to actively respond to market changes and safeguard the interests of shareholders," said Gao Ruidong, chief economist at Everbright Securities.

Over 200 Chinese A-share listed firms announce buyback, share increase plans

Over 200 Chinese A-share listed firms announce buyback, share increase plans

Over 200 Chinese A-share listed firms announce buyback, share increase plans

Over 200 Chinese A-share listed firms announce buyback, share increase plans

Tokyo stocks rose Friday, with the benchmark Nikkei stock index ending at a fresh record high, buoyed by optimism over a settlement in the Middle East conflict.

The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended up 1,654.93 points, or 2.68 percent, from Thursday at 63,339.07.

The broader Topix index, meanwhile, finished 38.65 points, or 1.00 percent, higher at 3,892.46.

"There was some optimistic trade around the latest U.S.-Iran talks, but this optimism seems to be based on the fact that things aren't getting drastically worse in the region rather than the situation improving significantly," Timothy Pope, a market analyst for China Global Television Network (CGTN), recapped the day's developments.

"This optimism was most strongly on display, I think, in Tokyo today, where the Nikkei rose 2.7 percent with hopes for some relief on oil prices and other currently scarce materials. It's not just oil that is not getting out of the region. As we know, it's other petrochemicals and things like helium as well. The general performance was pretty strong. Metals producers were doing fairly well in Tokyo, but in Japan as well, the market is very much focused on AI stocks. And today, the gains were strong for SoftBank -- it was up almost 12 percent after a bit of a battering earlier in the week. And that SoftBank gain contributed nearly a third to the Nikkei's overall gains on Friday," said Pope.

Tokyo stocks end higher as U.S.-Iran talks fuel cautious optimism

Tokyo stocks end higher as U.S.-Iran talks fuel cautious optimism

Recommended Articles