Around 1,700 fishing vessels in the coastal city of Ningde, east China's Fujian province, set sail as the new fishing season in the East China Sea began on Tuesday.
Early in the monring, a fishing port in Xiapu County was bustling with people and fishing vessels. Fishermen were sorting gears, loading supplies, and checking machinery before setting sail.
"I'll start by catching swimming crabs, then move on to fish like mackerel and pomfret. This voyage will last about one or two months, and hopefully, I'll return with full catches," said Zhuang Xiaoquan, a fisherman.
The fishing vessels started departing from the port at noon.
According to the Fujian Provincial Oceanic and Fishery Department, those vessels approved for this fishing season will primarily be engaged in fishing for shrimp, crabs, and pelagic fish species.
Each year, Fujian imposes a seasonal fishing ban which starts in May and lasts around three and a half months.
Fisherman set sail as new fishing season begins in east China's Fujian
The Palestinian Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) on Sunday called on mediators and guarantors to press Israel to approve the roadmap for the second phase of the Gaza ceasefire agreement.
The call was made as U.S. President Donald Trump's son-in-law and special envoy Jared Kushner, and a Hamas delegation, led by Khalil al-Hayya, head of the movement's political bureau, arrived in Cairo to advance the U.S.-proposed Gaza peace plan.
In a statement, the Hamas delegation urged the mediators and the U.S.-led "Board of Peace" to press Israel to implement all its commitments under the first phase of the agreement, halt killings and ground incursions, and approve the roadmap for the second phase of the agreement.
Hamas also said it had accepted the roadmap, citing its aim to secure a permanent ceasefire, full Israeli withdrawal from Gaza, sustained humanitarian aid, and the start of work by the National Committee for the Administration of Gaza.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said earlier this month that Israel rejected the U.S.-backed roadmap and would not withdraw its forces from Gaza until Hamas was fully disarmed.
The "Board of Peace" published a 15-point roadmap on July 31 for implementing the next phase of the Gaza agreement. It includes an end to military operations, the transfer of civilian administration to the National Committee for the Administration of Gaza, the decommissioning of heavy weapons, weapons stockpiles, military production facilities and tunnels, alongside arrangements for an Israeli withdrawal.
Hamas urges pressure on Israel to approve roadmap for 2nd phase of Gaza ceasefire agreement