Skip to Content Facebook Feature Image

Chinese animated hit "All Wishes Come True" wins fans overseas

China

China

China

Chinese animated hit "All Wishes Come True" wins fans overseas

2026-08-17 00:08 Last Updated At:09:07

Following a hugely successful run in the Chinese market, the Chinese animated film "All Wishes Come True" has expanded its theatrical release internationally, debuting in Australia and New Zealand.

At a late-night screening in Sydney on Thursday, the first Australian audiences to see "All Wishes Come True" appeared impressed by the film's sophisticated visual craftsmanship. The overseas rollout is giving global audiences a fresh look at Chinese animation.

"It was my first time watching something like this. So, it was quite cool. I enjoyed it. I would recommend it to my friends if they wanted to see something similar to this," said a moviegoer.

The film is an action-packed twist on the Chinese folktale of the Eight Immortals. It follows eight ordinary outcasts who team up to rob the gods.

"All Wishes Come True" has been a major domestic box office hit, generating over 200 million U.S. dollars overall. It has become one of China's highest-grossing domestic animated films of the year.

Australian moviegoers also praised the film for presenting Asian characters and stories in a fresh and contemporary way.

"It's Asian characters in a new way to tell the story. So, I think it is quite impressive," said another moviegoer.

Audiences and industry observers say the new wave of high-quality Chinese animated films is helping bridge cultural gaps, giving viewers greater access to traditional Chinese culture.

Meanwhile, the film's producers hope advances in visual technology and storytelling will sustain growing global interest in Chinese animation and further expand the international reach of China's film industry.

Chinese animated hit "All Wishes Come True" wins fans overseas

Chinese animated hit "All Wishes Come True" wins fans overseas

Chief Commander of the Iranian Army Amir Hatami said on Sunday that U.S. forces had been expelled and were no longer permitted to enter the Persian Gulf, the Gulf of Oman, or the Strait of Hormuz, Iranian media reported.

Hatami said U.S. military bases in the region could by no means return to their previous state, and Iran will never allow such a situation to happen.

Iran says US forces expelled, barred from Strait of Hormuz

Iran says US forces expelled, barred from Strait of Hormuz

Recommended Articles