Skip to Content Facebook Feature Image

Palestinian death toll from Israeli attacks in Gaza rises to 42,847

China

China

China

Palestinian death toll from Israeli attacks in Gaza rises to 42,847

2024-10-25 09:20 Last Updated At:13:37

The Palestinian death toll from the ongoing Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip has risen to 42,847 since the conflict broke out last October, the Gaza-based health ministry said in a statement on Thursday.

Over the past 24 hours, Israel's military operations in Gaza had killed 55 people and wounded 132 others, bringing the total injuries to 100,544, said the ministry.

According to the health ministry and local media, the Israeli forces on Thursday carried out multiple attacks on the Jabalia refugee camp in the northern Gaza, causing more than 150 casualties.

Local media also reported that the Israeli army launched an airstrike on a school sheltering displaced people in the Nuseirat refugee camp in central Gaza Strip on Thursday, killing 17 people.

On the same day, the Israeli army also attacked Sheikh Zayed roundabout in northern Gaza, killing one person and injuring many others, and bombed the Maghazi refugee camp in central Gaza, killing at least four people and injuring many others, the Palestinian official news agency WAFA reported.

The Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) stated on Thursday that it has killed dozens of local militants and dismantled related infrastructure in the Jabalia area, and also eliminated many Hamas militants and destroyed related infrastructures in targeted strikes in central Gaza.

The IDF also claimed that it has killed Mohammad Abu Attawi, a Hamas military commander who led the surprise attack on Israel on Oct 7 last year and participated in several attacks on the Israeli army in the Gaza Strip.

Hamas has not yet responded to the death of the commander.

Meanwhile, the office of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Thursday that David Barnea, chief of Israel's Mossad intelligence agency, will head for Qatar's Doha on Sunday to discuss the release of hostages and ceasefires in Gaza with representatives from Qatar and the United States.

Palestinian death toll from Israeli attacks in Gaza rises to 42,847

Palestinian death toll from Israeli attacks in Gaza rises to 42,847

International Energy Agency (IEA) Executive Director Fatih Birol warned on Thursday that the global oil market may enter a "red zone" in July and August this year, as fuel demand rise and stocks dwindle.

Birol noted that the supply crisis triggered by the situation in the Middle East was initially cushioned by spare capacity in the global oil market, but that oil stocks are now gradually decreasing.

The 32 members of the IEA on March 11 unanimously agreed to make 400 million barrels of oil from their emergency reserves available to the market in response to disruptions caused by the Middle East conflict.

The IEA stands ready to coordinate further reserve releases if necessary, Birol added.

IEA chief warns of global oil market entering "red zone" this summer

IEA chief warns of global oil market entering "red zone" this summer

Recommended Articles