Skip to Content Facebook Feature Image

Major fishing county in China's Fujian takes precautions against Typhoon Danas

China

China

China

Major fishing county in China's Fujian takes precautions against Typhoon Danas

2025-07-06 16:40 Last Updated At:17:07

As east China's Fujian Province upgraded its emergency response for Typhoon Danas, Xiapu County, a key fishing hub in the province, initiated precautionary measures on Saturday afternoon by recalling fishing boats to the wharf for shelter, suspending all maritime passenger routes, and reinforcing aquaculture cages.

Danas, the fourth typhoon of the year, emerged on Saturday in the northeastern waters of the South China Sea and intensified from a severe tropical storm to a typhoon on Sunday morning.

Fujian has upgraded its typhoon emergency response to level III. China operates a four-tier natural disaster emergency response system, with level I being the highest and level IV the lowest.

In a large yellow croaker aquaculture zone in the county, a fisherman with around 3,000 cages containing over 70 million fish said he had immediately begun reinforcing his facilities as the typhoon approached suddenly.

All fishermen and fishing boats in the county have been ordered to return to port by 10:00 on Sunday. Currently, all 815 fishing boats have safely returned to the wharf for shelter.

"We will conduct a maritime inspection at 10:00. If there are individuals who do not comply with the government's order to disembark, we will command them to do so," said Li Min, head of the local ocean and fishery station.

Furthermore, with the last passenger ship traveling to and from the islands safely docked at the wharf on Saturday afternoon, all maritime passenger routes have been suspended in the county.

"Today, we have added a total of eight trips and are preparing to bring the last trip of passengers ashore," said Ye Huadong, captain of a passenger ship.

Major fishing county in China's Fujian takes precautions against Typhoon Danas

Major fishing county in China's Fujian takes precautions against Typhoon Danas

Chief Commander of the Iranian Army Amir Hatami said on Sunday that U.S. forces had been expelled and were no longer permitted to enter the Persian Gulf, the Gulf of Oman, or the Strait of Hormuz, Iranian media reported.

Hatami said U.S. military bases in the region could by no means return to their previous state, and Iran will never allow such a situation to happen.

Iran says US forces expelled, barred from Strait of Hormuz

Iran says US forces expelled, barred from Strait of Hormuz

Recommended Articles