Tehran residents said they continue to live a normal life amid escalating tensions between Iran and the United States as the two sides have scheduled a new round of talks and U.S. President Donald Trump said he is considering a limited military strike on Iran.
Trump on Friday said he is considering a limited military strike to pressure Iran to make a deal.
"I guess I can say I am considering that," Trump told reporters at the White House.
The second round of indirect nuclear talks between the two countries concluded in Switzerland's Geneva on Tuesday, with new talks to be scheduled.
Iranian Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi told Iranian media after the talks that the talks were held in a more "constructive" atmosphere compared with the previous round in Oman.
The U.S. side said some details require further discussion, Axios cited a U.S. official as saying. Iran is expected to return with detailed proposals in the next two weeks.
The fast-developing situation gives some residents in Tehran a sense of uncertainty, but they said the country will not be scared.
"It is a bad feeling, but we are not afraid of war," said Reza, a Tehran resident.
Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian on Saturday reaffirmed his administration's commitment to national resilience and unity, stating that Iran will not yield to external pressure as it navigates nuclear negotiations with the United States.
Some residents said so far, there have not been any attacks and they prefer to keep focusing on their everyday life.
"There have not been any attacks, and there is nothing to worry about. It does not matter whether others want to launch an attack or not. They should not do that, and we should continue our lives as usual," said Fateme, another resident in the Iranian capital.
Life goes as usual before new Iran-US talks: Tehranians
Life goes as usual before new Iran-US talks: Tehranians
Life goes as usual before new Iran-US talks: Tehranians
