The China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT) has confirmed the participation of China at Expo 2027 Belgrade on Friday.
Chairman of the CCPIT Ren Hongbin on Friday morning submitted the participation confirmation letter for the expo to Serbian Ambassador to China Maja Stefanovic, confirming China's participation in the event.
Taking place in the capital of Serbia between May 15 and Aug 15, 2027, the expo will be organized under the theme "Play for Humanity: Sport and Music for All."
Through the harmonious blend of sports and music, the event seeks to open a new chapter of history filled with harmony, friendship and unity, in an era full of global challenges.
Expo 2027 Belgrade is expected to have about 120 countries to participate and receive more than 4 million visitors, according to its organizer.
The Bureau International des Expositions (BIE) categorizes international exhibitions into two main types: World Expos and Specialized Expos.
World Expos occur every five years and run for six months. Specialized Expos can be held in the years between World Expos and last for three months.
The CCPIT will organize the China Pavilion at the Expo 2027.
China confirms its participation in Expo 2027 Belgrade
Iranian Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi said in a social media post on Friday that the "crushing economic operation" threatened by the United States against Iran is doomed to fail, just like previous sanctions had failed.
"14 years ago: 'Most crippling sanctions in history.' Failed. 8 years ago: 'Maximum pressure.' Failed. 5 months ago: 'Unconditional surrender.' Failed. Today: 'Most crushing economic operation ever.' Bound to fail," Araghchi posted on social media platform X.
The remarks came after U.S. President Donald Trump announced on Wednesday "the most crushing economic operation ever taken" against any country providing a lifeline to Iran.
"This will be Economic Warfare and Isolation on an unprecedented scale," Trump posted on Truth Social, calling the move "an ECONOMIC D-DAY."
On June 18, the United States and Iran signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on ending the war in the region on all fronts, including Lebanon. Under the MoU, they were scheduled to hold negotiations within a period of 60 days, which ended on Monday, to reach a final agreement, but the talks' fate remains unclear following the escalation between the two countries last month.
Iran's FM says Washington's anti-Tehran economic operation doomed to fail