Skip to Content Facebook Feature Image

China's favorable policy attracts new wave of foreign-funded projects

China

China

China

China's favorable policy attracts new wave of foreign-funded projects

2025-03-13 06:06 Last Updated At:15:27

The recently-approved action plan for stabilizing foreign investment has attracted a new wave of foreign-funded projects across China.

Formulated to ensure stable foreign investment in 2025, the action plan was approved by a State Council executive meeting last month.

Under the plan, China will support pilot regions in effectively implementing opening-up policies related to such areas as value-added telecommunications, biotechnology and wholly foreign-owned hospitals, providing whole-journey services for foreign-invested projects in these sectors.

In a foreign-funded intelligent manufacturing factory in Suzhou of east China's Jiangsu Province, engineers are making final adjustments to a vehicle-mounted display production line with an annual production capacity of 650,000 units, which is expected to contribute an annual increase in output value of 1.3 billion yuan (about 179.5 million U.S. dollars).

"In addition to the new production line, we will invest an additional 50 million yuan (about 6.9 million U.S. dollars) or so to upgrade the old production line this year, which can also realize automated and digitized production," said Ge Fengchen, general manager of Harman Suzhou branch.

In a smart factory of a foreign-funded elevator production company in Guangzhou City of south China's Guangdong Province, two intelligent production lines have just been put into use.

In addition to the Guangzhou factory, this intelligent production line is also scheduled to be put into use in its factories in Shanghai, Tianjin and Chengdu.

"This production line integrates a central control system, a joint control system, and an automatic positioning system. While using the (digital) twin technology on the management platform and automated inspection of the entire process, the production line is able to predict and prevent possible failures," said Jia Yuhui, president of Hitachi Elevator (China) Co., Ltd.

In January alone, a total of 4,229 foreign-invested enterprises were newly established nationwide with 97.59 billion yuan of paid-in foreign investment, increasing by 27.5 percent from December last year, according to the latest data released by the Ministry of Commerce.

"In recent years, the utilized foreign investment in the park has maintained a high growth, and a number of high-quality projects have been launched. The paid-in foreign investment in the first quarter of this year is expected to reach 1 billion U.S. dollars, maintaining growth momentum," said Liu Hua, vice chairman of the Suzhou Industrial Park Administrative Committee.

China's favorable policy attracts new wave of foreign-funded projects

China's favorable policy attracts new wave of foreign-funded projects

China's favorable policy attracts new wave of foreign-funded projects

China's favorable policy attracts new wave of foreign-funded projects

U.S. tech billionaire Elon Musk's social media platform X said on Friday it has filed an appeal at the General Court of the European Union against a 120 million euro (about 141.56 million U.S. dollars) fine imposed by the European Commission under the bloc's Digital Services Act (DSA).

In a statement posted by X's Global Government Affairs account on the platform, the company said it is challenging the Commission's decision on Dec. 5, 2025. It described the decision as the result of an "incomplete and superficial investigation," "grave procedural errors," and a misinterpretation of obligations under the DSA, while alleging breaches of rights of defense and basic due-process requirements.

The Commission announced the 120-million euro penalty in December last year, saying X had failed to comply with DSA transparency requirements. It cited concerns including the design of the platform's paid verification "blue checkmark," the transparency of its advertising repository, and researchers' access to public data.

X said the case marks the first judicial challenge to a DSA non-compliance fine and could set precedents for enforcement and penalty calculations under the regulation. The company said that it remains committed to user safety and transparency.

Information published on the Court of Justice of the EU website shows the General Court has registered several related actions, all lodged on Feb. 16, 2026, and currently listed as pending, including challenges brought by X and its corporate entities, a separate action linked to Elon Musk, and another filed by the AI-related company associated with him.

Musk-owned X challenges 120-mln-euro EU fine

Musk-owned X challenges 120-mln-euro EU fine

Recommended Articles